How we collect data
We may collect data as follows:
- We will receive and store personal data that you enter on our website or apps, provide over the telephone to our representatives, submit through application or claims forms, or provide to us in any other way;
- We also automatically collect aggregated site-visit statistics, such as your browser type, device type and operating system; area(s) of our online services visited; date and time of access; host or internet service provider (ISP) information; and identity of the referring site (any site from which you access our website or apps). This is collected using tracking technologies and the information collected is used for service operation quality as well as to provide general information and statistics regarding usage of our website. No personal data is collected or used.
How we use personal data
We may use the personal data that we receive for a number of purposes, including:
- To offer and provide you with, renew or modify products and services;
- To provide you with the information and documents you request and for other customer service purposes;
- Verifying and conducting any eligibility, credit, physical, medical, security, underwriting and/or identity checks in connection with the provision of our products and services;
- To process payments;
- To process claims;
- To provide you with information about our services or required notices;
- To deliver marketing communications or promotional materials that may be of interest to you and to assist us in determining the relevant advertising;
- Designing insurance services and products and improving the service that we provide;
- Customising your experience when you use our website and apps;
- Data compilations and statistical analysis;
- Exercising our rights in connection with our products and services; and
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, directives, orders, codes, policies and procedures.
If, at any time, you do not want us to use your personal data for direct marketing, or share it with other organisations for their use in direct marketing, please notify us using the contact details below. We will then no longer approach you with promotions, products or services that may be suited to your insurance needs and personal profile. This will not affect our ability to provide you with existing services. If you do notify us in this way, please understand that we cannot remove your personal data from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your personal data.
How we share personal data
We may make personal data available to:
- FPG group companies;
- Our service providers, such as medical professionals, hospitals & clinics, travel & medical assistance providers, call centre service providers, IT system providers, advertising and marketing companies, banks and financial institutions, translators, risk intelligence providers, auditors, lawyers, accountants, actuaries and other professional advisors;
- Other insurance and distribution parties, such as brokers, reinsurers, agents, intermediaries, claims investigators, loss adjusters, third party administrators and other business partners;
- People, companies or authorities to who FPG must make disclosures under applicable laws, regulations, directives, orders, codes, policies and procedures, such as governmental or public authorities.
Due to the international nature of our business, we may transfer personal data across borders. We will only do this when permitted by applicable law.
You do have the right to request that we do not make your personal data available in this way, using the contact details below. If you do so, it may affect our ability to provide you with our services. We may also decline your request, to the extent we are permitted do so under applicable law. Please also understand that we cannot remove your personal data from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your personal data.
Access to and correction of personal data
You have the right to request access to your personal data held by FPG Insurance Co., Inc. and request correction of any of that personal data that is incorrect, incomplete or out of date. We may charge a reasonable fee for processing and complying with your data access request.
Accuracy of personal data
FPG will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of all personal data collected and processed. Appropriate procedures are implemented so that all personal data is regularly checked and updated to ensure that it is reasonably accurate having regard to the purposes for which that data is used.
Retention of personal data
No personal data is kept by us for longer than necessary and, in any event, not longer than permitted by applicable law.
You have the right to request that your personal data held by us is deleted. We will comply with any such request, except where we are prevented by law from doing so or where we require your personal data to administer contracts or other business between us. Making such a request may affect our ability to provide you with our services.
How we use "cookies" and other data collection tools
We may use "cookies" to improve our internet service to you. Cookies are small data files that are automatically stored on the web browser in your computer that can be retrieved by our website. Cookies enable our website to remember you and your preferences when you visit the website and enable us to tailor the website to your needs. For example, if you previously visited an FPG website and enquired about a particular service, cookies enable us to present information linked to that particular enquiry next time you visit the website. Cookies also help us understand which areas of our websites are most useful and popular so we can plan updates and improvements accordingly.
The information collected by cookies is anonymous; it contains no names, addresses, telephone numbers or other personal data. Cookies do not enable anyone to contact you by telephone, email, post or any other means.
If you wish, you can disable cookies by adjusting the settings of your web browser. This allows you to delete existing cookies on your web browser and also prevent new ones being placed. Please remember that, if you do this, you may experience a less smooth and personalised browsing experience.
FPG Insurance Co., Inc. will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organisational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws, to protect your personal data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will contact you if we believe the security of your personal data has been compromised.
If you have reason to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us using the contact details below.
Who to contact about your personal data
If you have any questions or comments about or requests regarding our use of personal data, including if you would like to access or correct personal data that we hold on you, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
FPG Insurance Co., Inc.
6th Floor Zuellig Buildingth
Makati Avenue Corner
Paseo de Roxas
Makati City 1225, Philippines
Tel: +63 917 890 6525
We review this privacy statement regularly and reserve the right to make changes at any time to take account of changes in our business and legal requirements. Any changes will be effective immediately upon being posted on this website.
By using and accessing this website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this privacy statement.